Social Research and Development Institute
Joined October 2019
SORADI is an independent Social Research and Development Institute, created in 2007 by a group of Somali professionals and academics. Since our inception we have dedicated our self to advance the demo
Focus: Governance, Accountability & Transparency
- SORADI is an independent social research and development institute, with the aim of fostering a culture of democracy and sustainable development in Somaliland and in the Horn of Africa Region.
- SORADI is recognized as a centre of quality research, a hub of scholarly innovation and entrepreneurship, and an agent for the transfer of knowledge and harbinger of the democratic culture in the region. Its mission is to carry out activities that promote the democratization and socio-economic development of Somaliland and the East-Horn African region. Our activities/ programs include
- Focus on the understanding of social issues to help develop innovative approaches to improving these social issues
- Undertake high quality policy and development-oriented participatory research
- Organize knowledge management and dissemination activities through workshops, a web-based information and National Conferences.
- Develop and publish policy briefs
- Conduct Training to build capacities of public institution for efficient and equitable services delivery
- Host debate and dialogue forums and platforms to foster democratic culture and raise public awareness
- Empower women, youth, the marginalized and the disabled sectors of the society for rights and social access
- Conducts on-site visits in identified/prioritized activity areas of implementing partners.
- Applies both qualitative and quantitative methods to garner feedback from stakeholders and beneficiaries of activities.
- Employs latest technology for data collection and information management using tablets and mobiles for data collection.