To develop, equip and promote an informed and self-reliant community in preventing and responding to emergency and disaster adequately and professionally.
Objectives of KCERT
a) Well-coordinated structures in responding to emergency cases established in Kibra
Currently there are no clear structures within the villages in Kibra a need that KCERT seek to fill through the establishment of CERT’s.
b) To avail basic equipment that facilitate in responding to emergency.
c) Promote community awareness of potential hazards and preparedness measures. This is done through community engagements, dialogue forums and the use of social media.
d) To empower the community with skills on responding to emergency and issues affecting them
This is done through organizing for training in areas that build the capacity of First Responders.
e) Promote volunteerism for development.
f) To offer psychological and social support in prevention and response to emergencies
g) To link and Network with other faith Based Organization, C.B.O, N.G.O and partners
1. Capacity building on First Aid and Fire Response
2. Community awareness and sensitizations on legal issues on emergency cases
3. Response to emergencies and disasters
4. Equipping community members with skills on livelihood
5. Availing First Responders and equipment during community events
6. Offering relief services to affected families through partnership.
7. Initiated Adopt A family that creates opportunity for families to access basic food stuff through direct links, voucher system, food drives to cushion them against the effects of Covid-19.
8. Establishment of income generating activities for families surviving from emergencies and disaster.