IPOA is established pursuant to the IPOA act to provide for civilian oversight of the work of police in kenya.
It’s vision is to transform, promote public trust and confidence in the national police service.
The functions of ipoa include:
1. Investigation of death and serious injuries caused by police action
2. Investigate police misconduct
3. To monitor, review and audit investigations and actions of Internal Affairs Unit of the police
4. Conduct inspection of police premises
5. Monitor police operation affecting members of the public
6. Review the functions of the internal disciplinary process
7. Reporting to inform the public on performance