Fish Farm Owners Association Bangladesh
Joined August 2019
Mission To bring together all the fish producers of Bangladesh under the same umbrella to save their legal rights, ensure the relevant stakeholders’ socio-economic and legal empowerment.
Focus: Community / Customary Land Rights, Environmental Justice, Gender-based violence, Generalist Legal Services, Livelihoods, Right to Information, Women's Rights
Major activities of the Fish Farm Owners Association Bangladesh include:
- Increase the positive awareness of Bangladesh’s fish farming industry;
- Develop the structure and operations required for the representation of a dynamic and visible sector;
- Maintain position in fish health initiatives that support the production of safe and high quality farmed fish;
- Assure a pro-active position for the sector in front of all relevant authorities;
- Provide accurate information and sound rationale to the relevant decision makers;
- Provide necessary training/advice to the fish-farmers;
- Provide value to the members as a strong representative organization managed effectively and efficiently;
- Represent the members in consultations with regulators and other stakeholders. The FOAB fully supports fact-based, effective, and efficient regulations. The association is committed to maintaining aquaculture right as well;
- Ensure the relevant stakeholders’ socio-economic and legal empowerment
- Maintain networking and knowledge sharing opportunities through industry meetings, seminars, workshops and annual reports; and
- Host or coordinate farm tours for government officials, students, researchers, academicians, international stakeholders, cottage groups, and other interested people.