Association of Social Entrepreneurs in Vihiga (ASEVI)
Joined July 2020
We work in Kenya and our vision is to have grassroots communities without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys their right to a life of dignity.
Focus: Community / Customary Land Rights, Criminal Justice, Environmental Justice, Gender-based violence, Generalist Legal Services, Right to Information, Women's Rights
NAME:Association of Social Entrepreneurs in Vihiga (ASEVI)
VISION: We envisage grassroots communities without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys their right to a life of dignity.
MISSION:To work with the poor in eradicating poverty by overcoming injustice, exclusion, dis-empowerment and environmental degradation.
The ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS IN VIHIGA (ASEVI) is a society that was legally registered on 16th September 2010 by the Registrar of Societies under Section 10 of the Societies Act of the Laws of Kenya. We were accorded registration number 32871 and we have a file at the Registrar’s office in the State Law Office.
GOALS OF THE ORGANIZATION:
Our objectives are:
- Use the power of the markets to address developmental gaps in our communities through Social Enterprise interventions
- Build communities of practice around pressing societal issues like climate change, poverty, poor governance, peace threatening issues / conflicts, HIV and AIDS.
- Tap inspiration, creativity, courage and fortitude to seize opportunities that challenge and forever change established but fundamentally inequitable systems.
- Identify systems that are not working, solve the problem by changing the system and commit to spreading the solution and persuading communities to take new leaps.
- Invent and innovate systemic approaches for helping the marginalized groups acquire lasting benefit of their own.
- Contribute to the attainment of global and national development goals like the UN driven Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Kenya’s Vision 2030.