Women for Peace and Development
Joined March 2021
our organization work in the village of Miwani, Kenya. Mission is to empower youth and women realize thier potentials in life. Youth & women empowerment, Citizen journalism e.t.c
Focus: Community / Customary Land Rights, Environmental Justice, Gender-based violence, Livelihoods, Women's Rights
Women for Peace and Development is a CBO working under the umbrella of Miwani Social Justice & Information Centre advocating for the social rights and protection of women and Muhoroni, Kenya.
Since April 2020 this year and again at the peak of COVID-19 pandemic, we have documented and provide assistance to women and girls who had fall into the trap of these rapists.. We have documented 59 cases of defilement and rapes from April this year alone when we established a social justice centre within our community.
what we do;
- Rescuing the survivors of sexual violence,
- Assist survivors of sexual violence to get timely medical attention
- Help survivors of sexual violence report the matters to nearest police stations for actions against the perpetrators.
- Provide Psycho-social supports to the survivors based on how the evil acts affected their minds and general well-being.
- Advocacy and community sensitization on Issues social justice and SGBV and
- The current situation of COVID_19
Through advocacy and community campaign against SGBV, we have managed to at least;
- Sensitize our girls on safetyand well-being from predators of sexual assault.
- Holding duty bearers to account to help reduce the vice.
- Materially empower our girls and women with basic necessities like pads for teenagers and simple business ideas for young women
- We have initiated a project called ‘Tools for Tomorrow’- where we target school going children and young women in the community by adopting two primary and 1 secondary schools (Rangombe & Olik-Oliero primary schools, and Olik-Oliero secondary) where we are going to teach them about
- Staying safe from COVID-19 and provision of face mask
- “Teen pregnancy’ and self- responsibility
- Girls leadership opportunities
- Self -reliance responsibility for young women in marriage
- Economic and social responsibility and
- Proper guidance on better education, for better career and better life.