Orissa Rural and Urban Producers’ Association (ORUPA) is a voluntary effort towards encouraging and helping the handicraft and handloom artisans of Orissa to keep the traditional art forms alive.
Launched on 26th January 1990,ORUPA was born from the expressed need of artisans themselves to have a marketing federation of their own. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act-XXI of 1860. Diversification and Capacity Building of the artisan groups. The federation intends to bring the rural and urban artisan groups towards economic empowerment through the process of craft and craftsmanship. It has got the membership of International Fair Trade Association (IFAT), Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) and Fair Trade Forum of India (FTF-I).
• ORUPA responsive to demand of all of their stakeholders are better equipped to achieve long-term financial success.
• Help cutting costs
• A viable brand building exercise
• Spurt in sells and customer loyalty
• Enhanced productivity & quality
• Increased market pie
• Competitive edge
• Environmental sustainability
• Business alliances