Community Relief and Development (CRD)
HUYE TOWN, Rwanda
Joined April 2022
To empower people and communities to drive and sustain their own development, healthcare, and environmental protection. Programme of CRD:Education; Socioeconomic; social and Health care, and Research.
Focus: Community Organizing
Community Relief and Development (CRD) is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization based in Butare-Huye District, Southern Province and officially registered with the Rwandan government (RGB Nº357/RGB/NGO/LP/11/2018). CRD strive to empower local community to drive and sustain their own development, healthcare, and environmental protection. CRD believes that to improve the life condition of the poor families in the community may prevent street children, improve their socio-economic matters and contribute to poverty reduction.
- Provide capacity building through various trainings to the local community which leads them to form and work in cooperatives.
- Provide financial and technical support to the local community-based cooperatives.
- Promote sustainable agricultural through cooperatives
- Promote value chain development based on beneficiaries ‘activities
- Promote environmental protection
- Promote micro-business to women heads of families
- Promote management of available resources of beneficiaries
- Promote monitoring and evaluation
- Promote formal and informal education, especially vocational schools
- Promote the integration and reintegration of vulnerable children into local schools
- Provide training to youth about entrepreneurship
- Promote ICT to the local community especially women
Social and Healthcare
- Active listening and counseling
- Fight against HIV/AIDS, Malaria, and other diseases
- Promote social and family reintegration of street children
- Fight against malnutrition in local community
- Conduct campaigns intended to raise awareness of women on reproductive health and family planning
- Conduct complains intended to raise awareness right of children
- Men engage training in family’s management
Research and Development
- Research new sustainable development programs that meet the needs of the community
- Promote data collection and analysis on community development