Joined August 2020
Amani Center is in Tana River County and our vision is to see all people living in dignity, equality & participate meaningfully in society. We use dissemination of information for positive impact.
Focus: Education, Health, Livelihoods, Peace-building & Transitional Justice, Right to Information, Women's Rights
Amani Center is a youth-led community-based organization that was founded in 2016 with a vision of seeing a peaceful Tana River County where all people live in dignity, equality and participate meaningfully in the society.
- To promote transparency in public affairs-elected officials can report on their accomplishments and reach their constituents.
- To build trust and cohesion between people of different cultures, tribes, faiths and backgrounds.
- To provide residents of Tana Delta with a platform for public participation.
- To give voice to Tana Delta residents by allowing them to participate and provide their input on the community’s issues.
- To provide accurate information about national and local electoral processes, procedures, and dates.
- To help improve education and health – for example, by explaining how good hygiene can stop diseases spreading, or how better irrigation practices can help in using water more effectively.
- To address social issues – for example, by challenging social attitudes towards harmful practices such female genital mutilation.
- To alleviate poverty – for example, by helping to stimulate the development of micro-enterprise and wealth-generation schemes.