Enabling Rural Opportunity Network (ERONet) is a women-centred, community-based organization operating in the area of Northern Uganda that borders with South Sudan. ERONet works in the Ugandan districts of Kitgum, Lamwo, Pader and Agago focusing on rural areas prone to conflict or in transition and recovering from conflicts.
The ERONet base office is in Kitgum town. ERONet’s work encompasses local communities as well as displaced person camps.
The Creation of gender equal communities where residents have the knowledge,
skills, agency and resources needed to live stable, dignified and fulfilled lives, able to
provide for themselves and their families.
To undertake projects that promote the resilience of deprived communities and
residents through sustainable interventions in Health, Livelihood & Education with
an overarching goal to educate, empower & support local adolescent girls and
women who are marginalized, vulnerable, stigmatized and left with no where to go.
Core Organization Objectives
1. Increase access and participation in available free education, both state provided and private.
2. Provide and support vocational training and literacy programs to vulnerable groups for better impact on their welfare and development.
3. Eliminate violence and discriminations against women and girls through the promotion of gender equality; human and property rights; democracy and good governance.
4. Expand access to affordable quality health care for underserved individuals and communities
including the promotion of awareness on affordable healthy living.
5. Promote rural livelihood enhancement through promoting development of water and sanitation facilities, providing agricultural/environmental education and training on disaster risk management (DRM) to offset changes due to effects such as climate change on farming practices.