Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP)
Joined May 2022
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) is an individual membership organization drawn from different parts of Tanzania who has joined their efforts to fight for equity and equality among all citizen
Focus: Children's Rights, Community / Customary Land Rights, Community Paralegals, Gender-based violence, Governance, Accountability & Transparency, Legal Aid & Public Interest Law, Policy Advocacy, Women's Rights
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) is an individual membership organization drawn from different parts of Tanzania who has joined their efforts to fight for equity and equality among all citizens of Tanzania regardless of their social and economic status. The organization was established, registered and become fully functioning in early 2007 as Manyara Region Civil Society Organizations (MACS NET) with reg No 09NGO/0001385 after which in 2019 transformed to Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) with reg No 00NGO/00010158 to reflect amendments made to the NGO act in the same year 2019.
CSP envisions “A Community which enjoys their rights and social well being in Tanzania”
Organization aspires to attain its vision through “preventing, managing, and overcoming situations that adversely affect people’s wellbeing in Tanzania”.
Aims and Objectives of CSP
An organization shall have the following aims and objective;
- To promote youth and women in undertaking sustainable growth through creation of opportunities for self-employment.
- To empower Youth, Women, elderly and community members in general to progressively realize their social and economic rights.
- To advocate and lobby for National Policy Processes to effectively positively influence the lives of youth, women, children and elderly.
- To support women and youth to promote sustainable agriculture in order to achieve food security, improve nutrition and end hunger.
- To empower women, children and girls to take decisions and actions which will protect their well being in order to achieve gender equality and equity.
- To support and enhance community members to engage into consultation and dialogue with local and elected leaders from local to national level for fostering and enhancement of public resource management framework.
- To empower community to take lead in the protection of youth, children, women and elderly rights towards enhancing their well being.