How to Build an Ecosystem for Financing is already accessible! Register now to start the course.
The course is available in English
Welcome to the online course How to Build an Ecosystem for Financing! We are very excited that you’ve decided to start this journey with us.
This course draws on experience from the Justice For All campaign, convened by the Grassroots Justice Network, and which advocated for greater financing and protection for grassroots justice defenders.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, you will
- Have a greater understanding of what the global landscape for justice and financing looks like (including the major actors and policy frameworks), and how you can leverage this for your advocacy.
- Learn about the different sources of financing that are available, their benefits and drawbacks, identify which sources are appropriate for you, and see examples of how others have successfully advocated for such financing in varying contexts.
- Be familiar with how to build an advocacy campaign to call for increased financing for justice in your country or region.
- Be familiar with key networks and advocacy moments to accompany and boost your efforts. In addition, you will find successful stories that we hope can serve as inspiration.
- Be inspired by what Network members who have participated in the Justice for All campaign and practitioners around the world have achieved.
Who is this course for?
Grassroots justice and legal empowerment practitioners; anyone who works on justice issues and is seeking to advocate for financing to power their efforts.
What is the structure of this course?
This will be an asynchronous online course, which you may navigate freely at your own pace. Each lesson will have a series of videos (usually between 8 to 12 minutes long) across 5 modules, and suggested reading material. You will also find quizzes that will help you assess your understanding of each module, and discussion prompts that will help you bring what you learn in this course to your context, and share your questions and reflections with other participants around the world.
How long will the course take?
The course will span 14 weeks and will be open between September 19 and December 22, 2023. weeks. It will take about 15 hours to complete. The entirety of the course will be available immediately; you may navigate freely between the sections at your own pace. You will also receive regular reminder emails throughout the course.
Tips and tricks to get the most out of the course
We know that our learners are accessing this course from around the world, often with minimal internet connection. We also know that most of our learners learned multiple languages before learning English. As a result, we want to highlight the following:
- Navigation. When navigating you may use the left side menu or the orange navigation buttons that appear below the content. If you want to track your progress, you can click the green “mark as complete” in the top right for each topic.
- Captioning. Most videos already have subtitles. For those that don’t, you can turn on captions by clicking the “CC” button on the bottom right of the videos or the tool icon in the same location.
- Engage! You are more likely to retain your learning if you apply it to what you are experiencing and connect with others. Engaging on the discussion board is a concrete way to deepen your learning.
If you run into technical troubles along the way, please let us know at email@example.com.